What to Bring
When planning what to bring to your Outer Banks vacation, there are a number of things to consider. But don't fret if you forget something! From the quieter towns of Avon to the hustle and bustle of Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills, there are a number of stores to pick up what you've forgotten and to purchase grocery essentials.
- The Essentials: Clothing, bathing suits, and toiletries – Don't forget your sunscreen!
- Beach Towels: Even if your house has linens, be sure to bring your beach towels. Or plan to buy them at one of the many beach shops in your town!
- Linens: First thing to check – does your house come with linens (sheets and towels) or do you need to bring your own or rent linens? If you need to bring your own, be sure to note the size of the beds. If you're renting, double check the requirements of return when you receive them (i.e. the need to drop them off or leave them in a bag on the porch).
- Groceries – Many groceries can and should be bought locally. Bring with you those items you won't be able to get in town. Take advantage of the multitude of fresh seafood at the beach! The houses likely will come with an small pack of dish soap and sponge. Consider bringing along some trash bags, dishwasher tabs, and your own laundry soap and dryer sheets.
- Favorite Board Games, Books, and – To supplement what might be at the house – just be sure to not forget them on your way home!
- Movies and Video Games: Many houses (although certainly not all) have media rooms - great for watching a movie or playing video games
- Camera & Tripod
- Tablets, Laptops, Cell phones & chargers – Most houses have Wifi now, so you can stay connected to the outside world! If that's what you want to do, of course
- Other Beach Items: Umbrellas, tents, beach chairs, horseshoes, fishing tackle, boogie boards, ocean kayaks, etc.
And don't forget - whatever you don't bring with you, if it's not too unique, and you really need it, you can probably get it in one of the more populated parts of the island. For serious needs, Virginia Beach and Elizabeth City are only a little more than an hour away.
Stay up-to date with the latest news, Sign Up today!
And, we're up!
Finally, things have settled down, and we're up and running. It's very exciting. Last weekend, somRead More